Thursday, September 19, 2019

While I Was Gone




I'm sure you noticed that I only wrote one blog post during my time away.  Due to a perfect storm of technology issues, I was completely unable to use my computer for most of the trip, and while a deliberate vacation from the internet has many virtues, unexpected problems with wi-fi and cell phone coverage can be a problem when that is the main way that people are able to contact you.  I even lost the landline, so people literally had to stop by the manse to ask me to visit someone or to tell me that the organist wouldn't be available that Sunday or to invite me to their home for tea.  In order to use my phone at all,  I had to walk 20 minutes to the cafe and use their wi-fi, and that meant that I could do quick posts on Facebook and short emails, but that was pretty much it.

I'm telling you all that for a couple of reasons.  One, to explain the near silence since July 25, and two, to let you know that I will be writing some retrospective entries in the days to come so that you can get an idea of just what I was up to while I was traveling in the UK. 

One of the most joyous events was the arrival of this precious John Wesley doll.  In fact, he made it to Tiree courtesy of the Royal Mail before I even left Gainsborough!  A friend knitted him for me and sent him to be there to greet me, and this picture was at the end of the trip when I was packing him up so we could fly home.  He was a great companion, and it's fun to have an actual John Wesley to travel with.  He definitely got some exposure on my Travels With Wesley Facebook page, and I am just so touched that my friend made him for me, knowing what a Metho-nerd I am. 

There will be more reflections and pictures in the days and weeks to come, so, as they say, watch this space!  And if you are on Facebook, "like" my page to see even more from the trip!

Blessings from your jet-lagged friend, Donna!

I have a Hermione Granger luggage tag, and being the Harry Potter fan that I am, I just had to get a picture of her alongside the worn and torn paper tag with TRE for Tiree on it.  This is where Travels With Wesley met Travels With Hermione! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

New Site for Blog

 To continue receiving my blog posts in your email, go to revdlf.wixsite.com/travelswithwesley and sign up to subscribe.  My latest post, ju...