Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Importance of the Right Footwear


My travels with Wesley will not entail any horseback riding, at least, not if I can help it, but I needed a pair of sturdy, waterproof hiking shoes, so I began breaking these in a couple of days ago.  Those of you who know me well are aware that I'm not exactly the outdoors type, and you won't be surprised that Scott burst out laughing when the saleswoman inquired if I'd been fitted for hiking shoes before!

Nevertheless, knowing that walking in wet, rocky conditions will be on the menu at least part of the time, I persisted in my quest for practical but not hideous footwear and wound up with these for around $40 off!  I'm not sure what Mr  Wesley would think, but he'd surely expect common sense care of my feet, so I felt it a reasonable purchase.

As the time draws closer for my departure, I'll continue getting accustomed to wearing them and to more seriously preparing for this extended time away from the familiar world of North Carolina.  I ask for your prayers for this to be a spiritual banquet and a summer of walking not simply where the Wesleys walked but more importantly, of walking as Christ walked, no matter what shoes I happen to be wearing at any given time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Site for Blog

 To continue receiving my blog posts in your email, go to revdlf.wixsite.com/travelswithwesley and sign up to subscribe.  My latest post, ju...